Spearmint Mentha Spicata Top note Refreshing, head clearing, gentle.
Spearmint Mentha Spicata extracted by the steam distillation of the flowering tops and the leaves. In appearance Spearmint can be likened to both peppermint and garden mint possessing similar leaves.
The oil is very head clearing, making it an excellent oil for reviving mental fatigue. It therefore allows improved focus without over-stimulation. Evidence of medicinal is recorded in Ancient Greece.
Carminative, emenagogue, insecticide, restorative and stimulant substance.
Used to Treat
Has the ability to protect wounds and ulcers from becoming septic at the same time protecting against any other infections.
- Used in Aromatherapy massage Spearmint has a relaxing, cooling effect on the nerves and muscles.
- In addition providing relief from muscle spasms, cramp, and aches and pains.
- The refreshing gentle aroma dissipates feelings of nausea, or morning sickness, whilst soothing and carminative for digestive complaints such as flatulence and indigestion
- To encourage hair growth use in a head massage blend or shampoo to stimulate the follicles.
- Sinuses and catarrh- in inhalation to unblock sinuses and break down catarrh.
- Spearmint also makes an effective and refreshing antibacterial mouth wash.
- In a vapouriser or on a tissues can subltly eases tension and dispel negative emotions