SANDALWOOD Relaxing and sedative Base note
Sandalwood oil is obtained from the very heart of the Sandalwood tree which is grown mainly Mysore in India.
A heavy and valuable oil which is produced through distillation. The oil has a persistent aroma and lasts for an exceptional length of time. The oil is thick in texture and only a small amount is needed both for use in a burner or in a massage blend.
Sandalwood is a little more expensive in relation to some of the other essential oil, which is partly due to the maturation time of the tree, and also the preservation of the trees form extinction by the Indian state.
Properties: Slightly astringent, sedative, soothing, pulmonary antiseptic, diuretic.
Used to Treat
- Digestive complaints: Diarrhoea, gastritis, hiccups, nausea, vomiting.
- Skin complaints: Exceptionally beneficial for eczema, dermatitis, abscesses, dry flaking skin, acne and chapped hands.
- Respiratory problems: Bronchitis, coughs, catarrh, sore throats, flu, colds, tonsillitis, etc.
- Urinary infections: Bladder infections, cystitis.
For the Mind and Emotions:
- Relaxation: insomnia, anxiety, depression, hysteria, nervous exhaustion. Aids meditation, calming and sensual.
- Aphrodisiac used for massage
Blends well with: Benzoin, Black pepper, Cypress, frankincense, Neroli and Ylang Ylang.
Used with Calendula and Chamomile Roman is excellent for dry eczema.
Use for relief of coughs and sore throats at the first sign of a problem.