Our team provide therapeutic treatments for physical and emotional conditions, either from an injury, chronic illness, post traumatic stress, depression and anxiety.
NEW We have a recently refurbished our training room and have a variety of up and coming courses and workshops.
Penny Howell the founder of Ascent Therapies is our senior therapist and tutor. Penny is highly qualified in aromatherapy, reflexology, reiki, sports massage, and sports injuries whilst teaching many CPD course and workshops. She is also a Reiki Master and teaches Reiki 1 and 2 Certificated courses.
More about Penny
Sports Therapist ‘Brogan’ has achieved a BSC degree in Sports therapy,originating from a professional sporting background with international experience Brogan is an expert in treating injuries. In addition, Brogan practises sports massage, which is useful for both pre and post event. More recently Brogan updating her skill and is training in Aromatherapy at Ascent Therapies.
More about Brogan
is a highly qualified Psychotherapist. Berni has a unique role, working alongside the team of therapists supporting them in the mind and body approach. Ascent works on the belief that physical symptons originate from mental and emotional issues. She is able to practise Reiki and is currently training in Aromatherapy to add to her long list of people skills. More about Berni.
has been qualified for over 20 years and has a wealth of experience. Diane she has recently returned to work at Ascent Therapies and practices Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Reiki. More about Diane
is a back and neck pain specialist which is invaluable. With many years of professional experience, Jim is able to realign the spine, making adjustments to the vertebrae hence relieving discomfort and lack of mobility.
Reiki Master has worked with Ascent for many years practising reiki and teaching reiki 1 & reiki 2 certificated courses and various other workshops. Simon also practices house healing using Feng Shui and other ancient practices.
More about Simon
has recently joined us; she is an experience crystal healer. Natasha will help to realign energy channels that cause disease within the body, resulting in allowing the body to heal itself. This therapy is very relaxing, and non-invasive, it’s suitable for everyone.
keeps everything ticking over in the office with her fabulous administration skills. She takes bookings for appointments and training. Louise will email or post you useful information by request.
More about Louise
A unique complementary therapy centre conveniently based at Westbury Park Centre, Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Staffs with a free carpark.
Ascent therapies offers life-enhancing therapies to people and organisations across the Midlands and North-West. Our highly qualified team are committed to developing and updating our professional skills and share best practice across a range of specialisms to provide effective and high quality treatments.
How our team can help you:
- A detailed consultation form is completed by the therapist and followed by a full body assessment which includes a postural analysis.
- A treatment plan is discussed and agreed with the client. The plan may include a combination of therapeutic treatments together with an aftercare plan of exercise. In addition advice on maintaining a healthy diet,and furthermore advice on healthy nutrition and supplements.
- Increased energy whilst promoting a stronger immune system. Improved circulation, with improved muscle and skin tone.
- Enables a better posture with increased mobility and increased strength and improved performance.
- Rapid recovery time from injury or illness.
- Aromatherapy will help induce a relaxed and healthy sleep.
- A calmer mind, experience more clarity with a positive outlook together with balanced emotions.
- Reduced stress and anxiety thus results in an improved sense of well being.
- Treatments promote deep relaxation whilst increasing a sense of well being.
- Massage Therapy works positively for injuries and yet highly effective on chronic conditions.
- Deep tissue massage can be used in conjunction with electrotherapy.
- Treatment mobilises stiff joints by releasing and relieving muscle spasm and pain.
- Ensures a whilst rapid and effective recovery.
- A relaxing and rejuvenating aromatherapy massage with selected essential oils..
We aim to
- Empower a wide range of people to experience the amazing benefits of high quality complementary health care.
- Educate and inform, whilst promoting responsibility for personal health.
- Support the Aromatherapy Council in its work to bring in industry regulations, this reflected in our high standards of care.
- Provide facilities and professional guidance for student therapists.
As a full member of the Federation of Holistic Therapies FHT We aim to follow their mission statement, “to represent and support complementary, beauty and sports therapists, promoting the highest standards in education and professional practice”.
- Follow and promote the Codes of Practice and Ethics as outlined by the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists (I.F.P.A).
Select to download ambassador, Penny Howell’s and official Tropic Code of Conduct – Terms and Conditions